bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Monday, March 2, 2015

Middleman Blog in store

I finally completed a Middleman Blog from start to sort of finish. Middleman is an easy to use framework for building static sites. I have been in the need of transferring this blog elsewhere but do not want to get stuck in the rut of building a ship while you use.

My fear was always getting too involved in the process of building the blog and never writing blog post. That is why I am happy to start hosting my podcast there at first. FYI, developingstory.link is my middleman site.

I was actually able to get it started rather quickly using the middleman and middleman-blog gems.

Once the blog was set up I had no problem creating my first post and setting the bootstrap (yes I did it) template. The challenge will be migrating the post from here to the new site, but I am holding off until I am confident I won't be working on the bike shed color rather than writing post.

- I will definitely be looking forward to add syntax highlighted code samples to the blog.

Thanks for reading and checking out the podcast. The plan is to have episodes out every Friday, so look for the next one this week.

In the meantime checkout Middleman and checkout fellow a Ruby Newbie, Colby's, impressive Middleman blog


No comments:

Post a Comment