bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I can open web pages in vim

I feel as if each day I use vim I use the trackpad even less. I just discovered about the command to open chrome and open specific webpages. I will be having a lot of fun with this, but thought I should share. 

My leader key is spacebar, so all I need to do is hit "spacebar + ggg" and out pops chrome which will be automatically directed to google.com

" open web pages in vim "
nmap <leader>ggg :! open -a "/Applications/Google Chrome.app" 'http://google.com/'<CR>






*Note: I know you can do the same in Alfred, but this is VIM!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! You can also hit gx to open a URL under your cursor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is extremely brilliant.
    Quality contents and effective
    tips are here. Thank you so much
    for sharing with us.
    blog

    ReplyDelete