bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Thursday, October 9, 2014

exercism_io revisited

I recently got back into exercism.io. For whatever reason I only completed the first Ruby exercise and never returned, but now I have turned over  new leaf. I have decided that I need to write more code outside of work. Lately I have only been reading books and solving small problems on treehouse.

exercism is an awesome tool that is obtainable for any novice in programming in a multitude of languages.

I feel as if I am a decent Ruby programmer but could use some help in the "Ruby Way" of doing things and best practices. exercism_io will hopefully get me to the next level; the feedback I have already received from my first submission has already helped.

I have also made my first Swift submission which was ok, the actual code did not compile and I couldn't get the test suite to run in xcode. I have been bootstrapping my learning in Swift with the free Swift books offered by Apple on the iBooks app. I highly recommend picking that up.

If you are looking to join a group on exercism, join us on the Ruby Newbie team and if you need help setting up exercism, feel free to reach out.


No comments:

Post a Comment