bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Monday, November 24, 2014

git commit -v

Everyday I use vim I get a little better at it, and actually surprised on how fast I have progressed this past week. My hesitation to jump right in was unfortunately the only thing preventing me from really learning it.

The best that help break my timidness in vim was writing my commit messages us the vim IDE. The common way of commit work is using `git commit -m`, but I recently found out about `git commit -v` from an upcase video; Rather than set your message per commit, you are able view the `git diff` and add a commit message while viewing what you changed.

I highly recommend viewing the diff before you create commits, it will help you catch misspellings and prevent debuggers from getting in a pull request.


1 comment:

  1. very informative blog and useful article thank you for sharing with us , keep posting learn more Ruby on Rails Online Course Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete