bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Getting back on the grid

I spent the last week hanging out with some family in Nashville and Kansas City. It has certainly been lots of fun and with that being said, I am looking forward to spending more time with my family, thanks to this new job.

So that means I basically did not complete any of the task I planned to complete, but I guess that is why they call it vacation.

Total time logged is barely 5 hours for this week, I decided to reorganize my learning to allow more time with the family. My son is about a month away from being into everything, which is why I am looking forward to having the time to chase him around. I spent 7 months spending 3-6 hours a day learning Ruby and will now spend 8 hours a day writing in Rails.

This is definitely not a time for me to put my feet up and relax. I have been ultra aggressive in learning and only downshifting from 6th gear to 4th gear. I do however have a feeling I will be going back up in speed. I am in talks to do some pretty cool things and look forward to continue to make connections and opening doors.

I will be blogging about my first week at the the job this coming week and also resume the Ruby Newbies the following Monday. I am still in disbelief that this is really happening and very appreciative of the opportunity.

Thanks for reading and if you have not, check out Ruby off Rails.



No comments:

Post a Comment