bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

subl shortcut to pull up Sublime text from the command line

I always forget how to do this so I am writing a quick blog post on how to set up your Sublime short for "subl ."

The subl command is nifty tool I originally learned from the One Month Rails videos (the originals), but when you go through the updated Rails course they do not share how to do that. Its also something you only do once and never have to worry about again, unless you are me and on their 3rd computer since starting their progamming journey.

1. Macbook from college. 2008 White Macbook 13''
2. 2012 Macbook Pro 13'' I bought used off ebay (thanks Kosh Kemps recommendation from his book.) because my first mac had too many quirks and a battery issue.
3. Brand new work computer. 2013? Macbook Pro 15''

All 3 computer I used within 9 months of each other and I install Ruby on each. I also install this shortcut and had to search through stackoverflows to find it again, which wasn't easy this last time, so here it is. Just in case I get another computer, I will know where to go.

For Sublime Text 3 just enter the below in the cli and voila.

`sudo ln -s /Applications/Sublime\ Text.app/Contents/SharedSupport/bin/subl /usr/bin/subl`

Here is the stackoverflow is more detail is needed or you are using Sublime Text 2.

There are other cool commands I might share in the future for Sublime, but for now here is a video on multiple select, which I relearned to do yesterday for something.



No comments:

Post a Comment