bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

!!Bryan - I am taking another look at my goals for 2014

I actually used the double bang (!!example) in actual production code at work. But first, I was taught what it actually does. There are some hang ups with using it, but just keep it use in the back of your mind in case its ever needed. Basically forces a Boolean.

Orlando.js

8 months later after I attended my first meetup, which happened to be at Envy/Code School,  I attended my second meetup there tonight. I told myself I would make it out there again but never did. For one reason its over 2 hours to drive from Tampa with Orlando 9rush hour/disney) traffic, but luckily I now live in Orlando and 2 miles from the Envy office.

I attended the second ever Orlando.js meetup, which make me surprised that there was not one before, since there are 3 Javascript in Tampa alone. Tonights meeting was in detail on OOP in JS. It kind of got me excited to learn more vanilla JS and check out some books, but for the moment I am focusing on getting through these Objective-C and Ember tutorials, but its tempting to jump into more with all these meetups.

There is without exaggeration a meetup happening every week that is programming related and I plan on being at most. I might as well take advantage of the opportunity while I am so close to them.

Goals for 2014

As mentioned before in a post, I wrote some goals out for the year and I had the opportunity to check them out again. I have every intention to complete all by the end of the year, but realize I am behind. However, I did complete the goal of getting a job.

In short I still need to create a tutorial, which I might change to give a talk (since there are so many meetups). I also need to deploy and publish a functional app, which will be Chuych eventually, and finally based on the mention by Daniel during the Ruby Newbie chat; I will be trying to hit a goal of 75 stack overflow questions answered by the end of this year(not necessarily correctly). I needed to start this yesterday.

Well if you have a question for me put it in s/o, I guess...


No comments:

Post a Comment