bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Monday, June 9, 2014

Long week ahead

The entire time I spent learning how to program I received the comment, how do you have any time to do all that you are doing, most of the time I shrugged my shoulders, but I later realized that is just my personality. I have always been a tinkerer and an avid learner of new things.

This week however is definitely going to be a busy week, not only did I spend the weekend moving/packing but I am also beginning my vacation to Kansas City/Nashville this week. I begin work next Tuesday, which makes today the last full day available to study, which didnt go very well. This past weekend was spent on the move to Orlando which went relatively smooth, though I did rent a Uhaul that was too small, which has extended the move to the weekend I get back. Luckily I own the place I am moving from and have no set date to leave, but it takes away another day for studying that weekend. 

But enough complaining, now that I am officially done with my sales job and now on to a new rails job, I have laid out my plan to finish off the CS169 course, which I have decided to opt out of the second half. As much as I like learning testing and Ruby problem solving, I felt like the course did not meet my expectations for what I needed. I do know that the project building is actually done in the second half and encourage anyone who is planning to complete that half to let me know what they think of it. 

I am now focusing on learning via some of the popular tutorials on Jumpstart as well as well taking advantage of Ruby off Rails and Code School with my limited amount of time at the computer, so realistically it might only be learning from RoffR and Code School. If you have not used Code School as of yet, try out using Afshin's link, you will help him out by giving him extra time on his hall pass you will also get 2 free days.

I have also cloned some of the code base for work and plan on going through the READ.md file to practice navigating through it locally. As of now I have only been reading certain aspects via github. Looking forward to the first day, which is next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment