bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

First Rails App is Live and Ready To Go

I have finally figured out how to implement comments (sort of) on to my app, which was the reason for the delay in sharing with my friends. I later found out it was an error in my code, I am on Rails 4 and the code attr_accessor with my comment.rb does not work in 4.

Post comments in disqus










I originally wanted to add native comments that live within the app, but I had a lot of trouble implementing them properly, so I just went with Disqus.

Disqus is great platform and actually very easy to implement the Javasrcipt. Just paste the code and you are good.

If you get a chance please check out my app and post a picture. bit.ly/robotapp1

2 comments:

  1. Congrats man! I've been learning Ruby on Rails for a while. One tip I can give you is that when it gets frustrating and you have no idea why your code isn't working, just keep trying. That's how you learn.

    ReplyDelete