bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Monday, December 23, 2013

Learning Ruby The Hardway

As I am now on my second week of Bloc, I have found my self pacing through the first portion rather quickly. In order to supplement my learning I have opted to also go through the Zed Shaw book, Learn Ruby the Hardway. I am very pleased with the different exercises thus far (52 in total).

I am currently only on #13, but like to complete them while watching television as a sort of winding down for the day...if you can call it that. I also like the fact that the comments below each exercise add more value to the book by going even further in depth. If you decide to use this tool check out this guys blog where he also outlines every exercise while he went through the book.

Code Time:

I did not mention prior in any other post but I put in 94 hours of coding practice/training into Ruby/Javascript prior to Bloc. Bloc has a requirement of at least 25 hours per week, which I completed 26.5 (My personal goal was 35, but I might be a little over zealous). I have placed my Bloc coding time on a seperate Google Doc and will share in a future post.

*The 827 hours is a goal I got from Joshua Kemp and his book.

3 comments:

  1. Check out Toggl for logging your hours. I've been using for a while. Totally recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I have literally been doing it the hard way up until now.. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way easier. I use the desktop app.. and it's free. =)

      Delete