bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I have done it! Thanks to OneMonthRails

I finally got my app done.

I have spent the past 2 weeks working on the OneMonthRails course and completed it this morning. I had quite of few hiccups during it, but was able to find the answer for my problems from google and stack overflow. The course is definitely work the money paid, because it gives you something a book or cant - Something to put in your portfolio. I have done a TON of researching on how to land a Ruby job and the one thing that stands out is a portfolio. You can really learn till you are blue in the face, but if you have nothing to show for it then its all for nothing. Though I do highly recommend getting a foundation with Codecademy or Learn Street prior to completing OMR, this will ensure you spend the time doing rather than figuring out the syntax.

My next step will be to apply what I have done and continue on to another tutorial that comes highly recommended, Learn Ruby the Hard Way . I will also attempt to create another web app prior to Bloc.io mentorship commencement.

No comments:

Post a Comment