bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Reading Rails Group

My originally idea for the next Ruby Newbie activity was to read different Ruby libraries, but I found it hard to find new and interesting libraries to check out. I chose the Inflector Library because it was a library I started looking into at work but as I read through it I found out it was a Rails library.

I have avoided Rails and it components when doing new things for Ruby Newbies and trying to stay focused on learning the concepts of Ruby, but at the end of the day Rails is Ruby and thats why I plan to hold a new event on the off weeks of the book club, called Reading Rails.

Rails is made up of 7 main components and the first component we will be reading through will be the Active Model. I am excited to finally jump into reading Rails core libraries and hopefully demystifying it. If you are available please join the discussion this Sunday.

There will not be a requirement for joining, just a basic understanding of Ruby.

No comments:

Post a Comment