bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Monday, May 5, 2014

Preparing for the Interview

Thus far I have only made it to phone interviews and I have yet to get past the second interview in the process. I find my rapport and presence in the interview pretty good, but my concept of key programming concepts have been lacking, especially when explaining my incomplete version of the Game of Life. I have an extreme thirst for knowledge, so I do not regret going to the interview and not being able to answer the questions. I actually see these questions guidance to know what to learn next.

In my interview last, the idea of Metaprogramming came up, so I got the book and I am now on chapter of a surprisingly small book. I failed to even get the interest of a recruiter 3 months ago because of my lack basic Ruby concepts, but I changed that and now lead the Ruby Study Group because I saw a need for me to get that better understanding.

I look forward to my interview and finishing the day reading Ace Programming Interview


No comments:

Post a Comment