bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Monday, March 17, 2014

The Odin Project: Open Sourced Learning





Week 21 of learning web development has now been completed. Its really did go by quick.



During the 12 weeks of Bloc I focused specifically learning rails and working through a small portion of Ruby. I also spent about 25+ hours a week learning through the Bloc curriculum. '

Well after much consideration and planning I have decided to cut that time down to the minimum of 15 hours a week. Last week I barely hit 14 hours, due to me also being behind in work and my Business Law course. I spent a good portion of my time on the Chuych app where I ran into nesting issues with my routes. I also implement mail chimp to begin making a mailing list for the beta. I have yet to do anything on the front end and have learned quite a bit through Dash from General Assembly.

I also cannot recommend the Odin project enough. Its a pretty inclusive rails app for all things web development. The web development meeting was cancelled for last night, but I did attend the Rails group. I am looking forward to using my learning time working through this curriculum and hopefully meeting some new developers.

The site is also open sourced and has a few todos on Pivotal Tracker. I am looking forward to potentially contributing to project, eventually.


No comments:

Post a Comment