bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wrapping up Bloc, Ramping up my side project

I have been a little more infrequent with my post due to me trying to focus all my efforts on completing the minimal viable product for Chuych. I have implemented a lot of new things I have yet to user previously, such as Geocoder and a jQuery plugin called geocomplete.

During my very first meeting with my mentor, he explained that he was going to teach how to learn. I feel that is exactly what we have accomplished. I have progressed past getting stuck on simple debugging issues to actually implementing new features with limited guidance.

One of the best things I have learned to do is, "Just try it out." There is no longer a fear of breaking the app since it is now embraced as a new learning exercise to fix it.

I look forward to spending the time after Bloc really learning Front End design, something I have not really put a focus on.

*I am hosting Google Hangout Saturday, to discuss my impressions on Bloc and more details on what I plan to do after.


No comments:

Post a Comment