bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Custom Google Calendar links.

A few post back I wrote about how to create urls with Javascript and thanks to that post I was able to make a quick change to Steamrolers page.

This Thursday kicks off our first AMA with Maurice  Cherry at 6pm. Our designer added a cool trick to the page which creates a Google Cal event for you from the provided link.  I wasn't aware you could do that until now, but it makes sense and seems to be powered by Javascript in the background.

All that is needed is a generated link, which can do easily with some provided sights or you can just create a event on your account and copy the link to the url in your browser and use that link in the href or erb link.








I discovered all this when I went to test the functionality and saw that the generated date was off. Turns out the date code in the url just needed to be updated to what I believe to a UTC translation and voila it all works  just dandy.

So if you have any scheduling needs or events to share, now you know how.







No comments:

Post a Comment