bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Learn Javascript quickly with WatchMeCode Screencast

A few months back I sent out a tweet to Advi Grimm, trying to find a screencast service similar to Ruby Tapas, but for Javascript (If you write Ruby and do not have a Ruby Tapas subscription, you need to sign up today).

I actually did not get a response but actually got an email from Advi a few weeks later announcing special pricing for Ruby Tapas subscribers to the WatchMeCode screencast from Derek Bailey. I believe I signed up the next day and binged watched almost all the episodes during my 2 weeks off of work.

The videos were slightly longer than a Tapas but filled with a large amount of content on Javascript. I attempted to learn Javascript properly a few times in the last year and failed to grasp the concepts of Prototypes, Closures, etc. Things finally started clicking thanks to this unique form of sharing code through screencast. I would consider myself now moving away from the entry-level to junior programmer and this is thanks to screencast like these who have given the ability to implement new tricks into my development.

I have a couple node projects complete which knocks off one item from my 2015 goals. I now have my eyes on GO and Rust, as well as putting together my first Ruby Gem very soon. Stay Tuned

3 comments:

  1. Good stuff. I might start a JS study group on Odin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JavaScript is the programming language of HTML and the Web. This is very good JavaScript tools you have provided which should useful for web developers. Also you can click here to get ksa writing services question and answer. Also your new tricks should make a excellent idea for web development.

    ReplyDelete