bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Saying goodbye to my biggest cheerleader

10 days ago I received an unexpected phone call from my brother letting me know my mother had past away. My entire world completely stopped while I took time to grieve.

My mother was the hardest working woman I ever knew and I am very grateful for what she has done for me and my brothers. Despite being a single mother, I was able to not only grow up in a decent neighborhood and attend great schools; I have also been given a chance to follow my dreams.

When I began my programming journey, my mother was one of the few I told of my decision to go down this path and encouraged me everyday. She read my blog post and even retweeted my tweets even thought none of it made sense to her. 

In support of mothers who are also going down the same journey as myself, into programming, I have given a donation to MotherCoders in her honor. 

I will miss you mom, thanks for all you have done. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment