bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Ember tutorials all completed (mostly)

I started learning Ember back in July, which seems like forever ago. I really wished I stuck with it then, as I would already have production ready apps built by now, but at that time I had just begun work at IZEA and felt as if my focus should be on Rails learning.

I am now approaching my 7th month working in a professional Rails environment; I am definitely at great place to learn new technologies, like Javascript frameworks and iOS programming in Swift.

My vacation ends after tomorrow and I had high hopes to learn and build new technologies, but that plan did not come to fruition. I like to aim high and fail with success and though I did not get to build that Ember app I planned on building, I did complete a number of tutorials and reading.

I mentioned the ember-cli book briefly on this blog and planned on writing summary/review but have been delayed numerous time due to errors/long debugging sessions while trying to complete. I am still very new in web development and compare my struggles in learning Ember very similar to learning Rails, with most of them being spelling errors. I have done a good on debugging issues thus far but have run into some issues managing packages, I believe I missed a step, other than that I highly recommend the book on getting a great intro to Ember.

I have completed the actual app portion of the book but have yet to complete the ladder part, which includes testing and the rest of the dependency management. I did however learn that in the 3 tutorials I completed this week, Treehouse Ember Course, Code School Express.js Soup to Bits, and Ember Guides.  

After all that I am in a great position to start an actual Ember project. My biggest recommendation for anyone learning Ember or any other framework is read he guides/docs, even if you skim them. I did this for Rails and now Ember and have to say Ember has one of the easiest documentation to read. I have a better understandings of the overall opinions in the framework and workflow.

I am looking forward to a future blog post where I can write about the completion of this Ember app I am planning.


No comments:

Post a Comment