bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Friday, April 25, 2014

New Direction? No just adding more stuff to do.

My original focus for this blog is my journey on getting a dev job. I am now noticing a trend as I find my self being pulled into different directions. I am still very much interested in getting a job as a dev, but I am also very much interested starting this Chuych app officially. I personally do not have the app where I would like and reached out to a contact I made at Ancient City to assist in the development of some advanced features. I am willing to pay this individual, but I also want to make sure that the app is something will take off and stabilize to a certain degree.

I have begun doing some grass-root marketing with Chuych and have created a facebook page in effort to build a community of people to get feedback from people while in beta. I also plan to reach out to churches for partnership (money), this will help kickstart me financially with marketing and development work  as I plan to grow to at least 500 users before the end of the year,  At this point I will need to outsource some day to day and interactions on the site. In my mind this app would have no reason to be successful, but I also know there is a chance things could go bad and it could flounder. Regardless it is definitely worth a try.

This Chuych idea got me started into developing and really the main reason I chose Bloc over other programs. I will begin posting my journey in creating this "startup" on the side. As you all know, I have a background in sales and am also in school to earn an MBA, so it will be exciting to use some of those skill together with my new skill, development.

I wouldn't be a good salesman if I did not ask you to please like my facebook page and let me know what church you attend.


No comments:

Post a Comment