bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

3rd time's a charm (Another interview)

I wanted let you all know I had an interview with a third company, which reaches my goal of 3 companies by April. I do have to say ho awesome it has been interviewing with companies and gaining valuable insight from how companies work in the development world. These interviews have confirmed my choice of taking CS169, which I have yet to set up  my VM.

The company I interview with is similar to company #2, where they do not work customer projects, but actually work a few services they sell to their customers. The company that  I have been familiar with for the past 6 months. I originally met 2 individuals from the company at a meetup and then again at the Ancient Rubyconf. They mentioned in passing that I should apply, so I did. I saw a promoted tweet for the job on Twitter and reached out via DM to the CEO. He asked for me to email my resume which I originally submitted on their website but heard no response, so I emailed the CEO directly and got a response late Monday Night (I am glad I emailed the CEO).

The interview very well and I had a great conversation with the head of Engineering, who shared the same name. I learned more about the company, which I will not reveal as of yet, but I will say I do have a second interview coming up in 2 weeks. The company is within driving distance, but it would require me to move to a new city since the commute is entirely too far.

Thank you for reading and thank you for 6 months of support through various means.

No comments:

Post a Comment