bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Capstone Project

So I spent my Sunday Evening typing a quick plan of my capstone on my phone. But I thought I would share a bit of it. I already got some valid feedback on approaching it my mentor and it sounds like its going to be a fun little project.

So here it is:

The ultimate goal of the app will be to supply church reviews to individuals new to a city (Think like Yelp for churches). The reviews will be generated by the users of the app who can also share short information (similar to Twitter) about the church.

My goal is to have a my basic MVC laid out before starting (hopefully tonight) and test using Rspec. I am determined to use Rspec more than I have in the past , since it will help some of the tedious debugging I get stuck on.

Here is the MVC

Models:
Churches
Users
Voting
Follow (favoriting)
Reviews/Comments

Views:
Reviews#Index
Welcome#Login

Controllers:
These will be the usual controllers, and will be.

I haven't given up Postmarks but pretty much done and although I would never submit it to client "as is," it is functional and I must move on to the next app, since my Bloc time is limited.

If you care to look, please POSTMARKS. Try not to break anything :)

I will also try to do a good job of documenting the process of building this app.


https://github.com/brianllamar/chuych

2 comments:

  1. Hi I am pleased to read your post.. I appreciate the way you detailed your experience. Nice post. Thanks.
    capstone paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great capstone projects ideas I found here. Really amazing things are gathered here. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete