bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Used a Gem: instead of struggling to build my own solution


So I spent most of Thursday and Friday Morning trying to create my own tags for my Bookmarks app, but after a long conversation with a Bloc Mentor this morning, I discovered how to use the Ruby toolbox and found the acs_as_taggable_on gem. I was set on getting this done on my own but had to implement my 3 hour rule and ask for help.

It still took me a while to figure out that I had to rake db:drop:all my database in order to implement the new gem properly, I got it to work with less code. I also gain a better understanding on how to properly work with the database. 

If you are interest here is the railscast thought was recommended for me to watch and get this done. 

acs_as_taggable_on gem
   

No comments:

Post a Comment