bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Monday, February 10, 2014

I am now Back Stateside and missed the internet

I thought I would of got more rails work done last week, but I underestimated the workload while in costa Rica. The trip was a lot of fun but its time to get back to work. I also did not expect to not have wifi on an international flight, which made it impossible to debug or research.

I did on the other hand get through half of the The Book of Ruby. I like it because it basically a Ruby definition book. I like Whys Poignant Guide, which I used previously, but find it hard to reference or review for specific info. The Book Ruby lays out all the elements of Ruby and makes it easy to reference. After reviewing the book over the week I was able realize stuff I had already forgotten.

I learned Ruby pretty hard 7 weeks ago in the beginning of block but have been implementing Rails since. I find it important to review the basics periodically especially now, since I can now implement more things.

Currently working on a Tic Tac Toe game, which I could not do last week due to the lack of internet and research. *When I had internet I had to do my day job work.

Took me forever to figure out how to list Board = [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 ] in



I am currently right on schedule with the Bloc program. Each new element of Blocmarks has me going on a rabbit hole to learn something else. My current place is creating post from email.

At this point I will most likely not attempt the other two projects but will move on to the capstone. I am looking forward to starting work on a Church related app. I will write more details on what it will be this week, once I write my plan out.

One thing that caused a lot of delay was building my own solutions and not using Ruby Gems. I understand the importance of learning how code works together, but I love implementing gems and moving. I have also realize I like creating apps and figuring out the best course actions to complete. I might attempt freelancing after Bloc, maybe find a small project to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment