bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Friday, February 21, 2014

Freelancing opportunity

I recently filled out an Elance profile and have a taken the Ruby test. I have yet to pass any but feel I have an idea of what I need to learn, which is more Ruby command programming.

At this point I am intrigued with regex but have now idea how to use it properly. FYI, If you plan on taking the Elance test, knowing some of that will help.

Regardless I want to share I job offer I received through Elance. I feel I am at the point where I could tackle this project, aside from the Beanstalk portion. I have to attribute that to Bloc and their method of teaching through pseudo client work. I will be declining this offer but hope to start an Elance project by april or June.

*I assume this job was sent to everyone who had Ruby listed in their skill set and I was not sought out for, but an offer is an a offer. I highlighted in red how I would approach this.


Elance

*A site with user registration, user profile, password reset, email confirmation etc.
(Devise Gem)

*Connectivity to Paypal payment service. This is a commission based system, not a product resale applications. (I haven't done this but found a gem to try.)

*Connectivity to Facebook and Twitter API (Omniauth gem

*Code application-specific features that ties in to the back-end. More on this will be discussed once contacted.

*Familiarity with GitHub for managing code and coordinating task necessary. (Done)

The web application is build from scratch using Ruby on Rails. The code must scale using Elastic beanstalk technology. The database used is DynamoDB. (I now know from googling beanstalk is handled by AWS.)

No comments:

Post a Comment