bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Started the Ruby Newbie Communtiy

Last weekend the Ruby Newbie Google plus group held it's first hangout. The idea came after realizing that there still is a large amount of individuals deciding to learn Ruby just as I am. I also realize that programming last only as long as the community does so in order to hedge my decision in learning Ruby I would love the opportunity to assist others in learning with me.

I have played music most of my life as well as sports and know that when you surround your self with others with the same goal or passion your skill level increases at faster rate.

That is my goal with this group and I hope to see you this weekend at the Hangout. It will be focused on "How much time do you spend learning? " and "What do you use to track your time?"
----
On another note I have applied to a couple apprenticeships, 3 to be exact. They are all highly sought after apprenticeships. I have 5 weeks left and imagine that I can prepare enough for the interview in the meantime.

Things I learned last week.

Implement user authentication without using the devise gem. I also signed up for railscast in preparation to business trip to Costa Rica. I am actually looking forward to being on a plane where I can dedicated some time learning some new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment