bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Chugging along with Bloc: Passed the halfway point

I spent a total of 12 hours on Bloc this weekend and was able to get through 85% of the third section. To put that into perspective the 3rd section is week 5-6. I almost got all of that done in 2 days. This is the section where I can finally say I truly understand the MVC framework and can properly debug simple issues on my own, which I did all weekend.

The final checkpoints I have not completed include jquery and Ajax. Jquery I have some experience with, but Ajax I am very excited to learn and get through. I honestly have no idea what it does but have heard it thrown around.

Once I have completed those last checkpoints, I will be be going full force into Bloc's project work. The section gives you only the requirements needed for the app and together with my mentor we tackling this with pair programming. This will put me a great place to begin my capstone project in the next few weeks.

*Side note: I thinking about doing a Google Hangout with anyone who is also learning Ruby; If anyone is interested. It would be nice to find more people learning the same time as me.

I will probably post on twitter a hangout time this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment