bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

I have an addiction for learning


Just this week Lifehacker posted on how Harvard is offering a free online Intro to Programming to course as Jan 1st. Prior to signing up up for Bloc and deciding on Ruby as my language of choice, I watched the intro to this course when it was only offered either as Harvard credit or certificate. I had sense decided on how Ruby and discounted the program but was impressed with the professor's teaching style.

Well I have bought into the hype and already completed the first week of lectures, especially since it's free. Previously I mentioned I was scattered brain and in need of some organization of all my learning tools. I have another gist to keep track of all the things I plan to learn, but as far as this Harvard course, it is a great way to learn the basics of programming such as the higher levels ideas of it. I watched my son for a few hours today while my wife got a break and while he slept I knocked out the first week of course. I do not plan on getting into the nitty gritty of PHP and C as the professor implies but I do look forward to his explanations on Javascript and Algorithms. With this being an auxiliary learning tool I only plan on watching the lectures while I am on baby duty on the weekends.

If anyone is interested taking a Harvard course just out the Lifehacker article here. The first few weeks are avaialble if you have the extra time.


*FYI if you register for the course for $350 and complete it you will be eligible for a certificate to take another Harvard Extension course. I will be passing on that option.

Bloc update: about 8 lessons away from completing Bloccit and moving on to sudo client projects. The training wheels are coming!

Thanks to Bloc I am in love with Markdown and just implemented it in my app.

1 comment:

  1. Big Markdown fan too. I signed up for CS50 yesterday. Stoked!

    ReplyDelete