bloc referral

If you are interested in learning to code with a mentor, try bloc and get $100 off.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Signed up for my first Ruby Conf

I heard about the Ruby conference, Ancient Ruby a month ago in my local Ruby meetup. I purchased a ticket to the event this week to capture the early bird price and elected to attend a special Refactoring workshop on the Wednesday before. This will be a huge step for me since it will be a month after the conclusion of Bloc and the workshop requires 3 months of Ruby experience.

I had to do a lot of begging with the wife, but convinced her that we could roll it into a little mini-vacation in St-Augustine. I am blessed to have a wife that has been supportive since the beginning of my journey.

I hope to make lots of valuable connections and walk away with tons of valuable information. I look forward to attending.

Bloc Project: Had a little hiccup with setting up my Facebook Omniauth. Facebook changes their site so much that the curriculum create this year is now outdated. I am not a huge fan of FB but realize its a necessary evil these days.

*Let me know if you are attending Ancient Ruby and we can meetup. Early bird pricing ends 1/15/14
rubyconf

No comments:

Post a Comment